As you know we love crafting! During the last 18 years we have designed and manufactured stencils, stamps, frosting pastes, MDF cutouts and more.
I have always had a passion for craft and I am lucky to be able to mix my hobby with my work! Over the years I have used a variety of craft tools to make my creations - some have helped and some haven’t :) Here are my top 10 craft tools I wouldn’t be without now!
I would love to know what you couldn’t be without - share your tips on our social media pages.
Happy Crafting :)
My top 10 craft tools
- Stencil Tape – got to be my first item, as without it we wouldn’t get such great finishes with our stencilling
- Palette Knife – Spatula, thingamabob – whatever you want to call it, again crucial for applying Glitzcraft Paste
- Paper Trimmer – I have 3 different ones, one small portable tonic guillotine type one, good for taking to Create & Craft studio as its smaller, but not great for 12 x 12 papers, so I have an EK Success one that’s good for larger papers, then I have a large desktop guillotine that’s not portable in the slightest lol….
- Glue Gel – My favourite Glue to attach anything is Pinflair Glue Gel, I find it holds just about anything, and I like that I can pop it into a syringe and be accurate with it.
- Scissors – a few different sizes are good, a larger set for paper trimming etc and a little pointy set are great for fussy cutting and getting into little nooks and crannies.
- Pop Dots / Foam Tape – Good for adding dimension, and just making things raised up a bit to make them stand out a bit more.
- Heat Tool – I have about 8 of these, as I needed them for classes, but my favourite is the new Wow Embossing Heat Tool, its dual speed and is great for fast drying the Glitter paste or embossing.
- Pokey Tool – a handy little gadget that is great for picking up little bits, or for poking out parts from die cuts etc.
- Inks – I love Versa Fine coloured inks and distress inks, I particularly like the little square ones that come in multi-packs, great for using through the stencils to give a background colour, I use the Versafine with our New range of stamps.
- Alcohol Pens – I have the full set of Chameleon pens, but recently bought the full set of Tri Blend from Crafters Companion, I like the TriBlend, as the colour scheme is all ready for me with a light, mid and dark tone of the same colour, which makes it easy to use.
Share this post